I’m glad that I saved sex for marriage. But I didn’t save it for a bunch of reasons that some people do.
I didn’t save sex:
- Because I thought I would go to hell. (I know that God’s forgiveness is greater than any sin I could commit)
- To have awesome, amazing married person sex someday. (Someone told me that I would have more enjoyable sex more often if I waited but that wasn’t something I was thinking about then)
- So I could pridefully claim the title virgin. (Being a virgin wasn’t the sum of everything I was.)
- Because that way I would be worthy of marrying a man who saved sex for me. (I realized that I didn’t deserve anyone except by God’s grace)
I saved sex for marriage:
- Because God commanded me to.
- Because God gave me the grace. I failed in so many other ways but stuck to this at least.
- Because I made the conscious decision to give that part of me up to God.
- Because I wanted to be able to give my husband the beautiful gift of myself.
- Because I knew that I didn’t want to have baggage going into a marriage relationship.
When I got married I was able to give my husband my whole self on our wedding night. I remember giving him the purity ring that I had worn as a symbol of what I had done for him and for God. Because I waited, I never lost anything. I gained a beautiful relationship with my husband.